There is never a bad time to get Invisalign, but summer is an especially auspicious starting point for this incredible teeth-straightening method. If you or your child have already qualified for Invisalign or Invisalign Teen after a thorough dental exam and digital images, now it’s time to decide when you want to begin. Find out why summertime is so perfect for perfecting your smile.
Starting Orthodontics in Summer Is Great for Teens
Teenagers end up being some of the best Invisalign patients because they’re incredibly motivated to keep their clear trays and nearly invisible orthodontic treatment. And it certainly doesn’t hurt to start their care in the summer:
- They have free time: There are jobs and parties and relaxing to get done every summer, but teens also don’t have school, homework, or massive extracurricular obligations. The days of summer are simply freer, so there is minimal interference when it comes to schedule appointments with your Center City orthodontist.
- Eating is casual: Even though Invisalign doesn’t have the brackets and wires of conventional braces, there will be some soreness as teeth and bone shift. Summer is home to ice cream and other cold treats, which is easy on braces wearers and can serve as your diet for as long as you need until you get used to the feel of Invisalign.
- They can overcome that awkward feeling: Even though Invisalign aligners are practically invisible, teenagers still feel awkward about things that might bring them unwanted attention – like orthodontia. Being able to adjust to clear aligners in the summertime allows a teen to develop confidence and a subtle routine before school rolls around again.
Invisalign for Adults Works in Summer
Adults don’t have as much freedom as kids, but summer does lend itself to a time of year when you’re supposed to laze about and just enjoy being alive. If you have a staycation planned or are feeling confident about managing Invisalign for adults on vacation, get the ball rolling with treatment so you can develop a routine and stick with it no matter where you go, no matter where you are.
There are only three small obligations for your time – that’s it:
- Daily cleanings of teeth and gums (you do this anyway)
- Multiple daily cleanings of your Invisalign trays
- Visit your orthodontist every eight weeks or so for a checkup and to collect new sets of trays
The rest of the time, the clear aligners are on your teeth or carefully stored in a container while you eat. You can work, live, and play wearing the trays and no one will be any the wiser. Easy right? The payoff is a smile that begins to look better and better within weeks as both teeth and roots are moved into their proper positions.
Get Invisalign This Summer
Give yourself the self-care you need and deserve. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Roberts or Dr. de Marsche in Center City, Philadelphia, to find out if you or your teen are a good candidate for Invisalign or Invisalign Teen.