Orthodontics is a big investment. Don’t assume, however, that braces or Invisalign are too expensive for you to afford for yourself or your child. At Roberts & de Marsche in Lawrenceville, we want the orthodontic process to be as easy as possible for all our patients, so we accept many types of dental insurance, including MetLife dental insurance for orthodontics.
Lawrenceville Orthodontists: We Take MetLife Insurance
If you are considering purchasing orthodontic insurance in preparation for your child’s orthodontics or your own braces or Invisalign treatment, we participate with the private dental insurance plans offered by MetLife. To simplify the financial part of braces or Invisalign for you, we accept insurance benefits directly from the provider, coordinating all communications and managing all paperwork so you don’t have to.
Some of the benefits MetLife insurance offers that you may be able to take advantage of include:
- Negotiated fees, typically less than average.
- No paperwork or claim forms to submit.
- Pre-treatment estimates.
- Plans for U.S. veterans and their families.
- Coverage for U.S. federal employees and their families.
How Orthodontic Dental Insurance Works
Typically, orthodontic benefits are paid by insurance over the full course of treatment which, on average, is around 24 months, depending on the type of braces you get and the condition of your teeth at the start of treatment. There is not a lump sum that is paid out to the orthodontist.
There are also several variables when it comes to dental insurance for braces:
- There may be yearly or lifetime maximums in benefits per person.
- You may have a waiting period before treatment can begin.
- You may be required to pay a co-pay at the start of treatment while insurance covers the balance over time.
- Orthodontic dental insurance may include coverage for a pre-orthodontic treatment exam, a treatment planning session, limited or interceptive orthodontic treatment, comprehensive orthodontic treatment, pre- and post-treatment records, and retainers.
- You may not be able to get insurance coverage if you start treatment before you purchase a plan.
Visit a MetLife Orthodontist in Lawrenceville
Roberts & de Marsche are participating providers in MetLife orthodontics insurance as well as Aetna DMO and PPO, Cigna PPO, United Concordia, and other dental insurance plans. All orthodontics insurance plans vary depending on your level of coverage. If you have Lawrenceville MetLife orthodontist insurance, contact our office in Center City or Lawrenceville, NJ, to find out what your coverage includes.