Good teeth are an asset to any career. Whether you work alone, in a group, in an office, or on the road, a beautiful smile is a great resume-builder. If you have crooked teeth or other alignment issues, however, you may not speak up, shy away from opportunities, or avoid meaningful connections because you’re embarrassed by your smile. Braces give you the great smile you want – and they won’t interfere with your job along the way.
Boost Your Resume with Braces
Is your job in a classroom, office, courtroom, or on a stage? Do you see clients, customers, or colleagues face-to-face on a regular basis? Are you required to be persuasive and make eye contact to convey your message? If the answer to these questions is “yes” and if you spend time in the mirror every morning making sure you’re presentable for the job you hold, then your teeth are an important part of your “uniform” (whether you wear one or not).
You may be living with crooked, gapped, or overcrowded teeth. You may have an open bite, underbite, or crossbite. Adult braces fix it all. And there are plenty of ways to get your teeth in alignment as an employed adult without drawing attention to your orthodontic adventures.
Discreet Ways to Get Straight Teeth
Once considered a rite of passage for adolescents, braces are now accessible for adults who want to finally have that straight smile – and orthodontia can be kept under the radar for busy adults who don’t want anything to interfere with their career.
Invisalign braces, of course, are the most discreet way to get an aligned smile. Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic innovation that has changed how people get braces and who gets braces. Every Invisalign aligner is super-thin, so they fit snugly against your teeth and are practically invisible. The aligners are also super-smooth, which means no sharp wires poking at your cheeks and lips. Here’s the scoop:
- Even if you regularly go out for business lunches and dinners, Invisalign won’t interfere – you simply remove the aligners when you eat and pop them back in afterward.
- Any presentation, meeting, speech, or other public speaking opportunity won’t be interrupted by Invisalign. Your speech is not affected by Invisalign.
- You can pose for photos, perform, or persuade and Invisalign will merely play a supporting role, staying in the background while doing important work for your teeth and jaw.
If you aren’t a good candidate for Invisalign, don’t despair. There are two other types of braces that could get the job done and still save you from conventional metal braces:
- Ceramic braces alter the bite and straighten teeth unobtrusively. They aren’t nearly invisible like Invisalign, but they are darn close, using clear or tooth-colored brackets and wires. These are the next best thing to Invisalign and are usually what adults choose when Invisalign isn’t an option.
- Lingual braces offer the benefits of metal braces without the obvious drawbacks – the look of metal braces. Brackets and wires are attached to the back of the teeth, staying relatively unnoticeable, though this is a less popular option for orthodontic patients who need to speak up and speak out for their job.
Hire the Right Orthodontists for the Job
Braces don’t have to interfere with your job. Find out what types of orthodontic treatment is right for you with a visit to Roberts & de Marsche, orthodontists serving Center City and Lawrenceville, NJ. Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more about your local certified Invisalign providers and trusted orthodontists.