It’s time. Another New Year has dawned. The world is in flux, but the future is not bleak. If you find yourself at loose ends, trying to figure out how to improve yourself, your appearance, and your self-esteem, there is one sure way to make it happen – by straightening your smile. When you invest in Invisalign for adults, you invest in yourself and a lifetime of good oral health.
The Benefits of Wearing Invisalign
You don’t have to make Invisalign your New Year’s resolution to take advantage of this innovative treatment. It can simply be a choice you make to become the best version of yourself. Here are just some of the benefits Invisalign can offer:
- Healthier smile: When your teeth are fully aligned, they are easier to clean. That means you’ll be able to reach all the nooks and crannies with dental floss and toothbrush. No area will go unnoticed and you will be less likely to develop tooth decay or associated oral health problems.
- Improved confidence: If you’ve long been self-conscious about your teeth and reluctant to smile because they’re crooked, gapped, or otherwise, straightening them is a sure way to boost your confidence. You won’t even be self-conscious while undergoing treatment because the trays are clear and snug-fitting. Your self-esteem will improve during wear as your smile slowly but surely shifts into alignment.
- Freedom: Many people who want straight teeth don’t pursue adult braces because they don’t want to be a metal mouth or brace face. Invisalign, however, offers a special kind of freedom. The removable aligners mean you can take your trays out whenever you need to, and they allow you to eat whatever you want whenever you want without restrictions.
Unexpected Perks of Invisalign for Adults
Along with all the obvious improvements that Invisalign makes to your life, there are unexpected perks along the way that many patients have the joy of discovering, like:
- Weight loss: Yes, you read that correctly. Invisalign sometimes contributes to patients losing a few pounds. People chalk this side effect up to making smarter decisions about snacking because no one wants to remove their trays more often than necessary. They’re supposed to be out of your mouth for only two to three hours a day at most, and that includes your three meals and cleanings.
- Reversed TMJ problems: It is not always guaranteed that aligning your smile will eliminate teeth clenching and grinding behaviors, but sometimes this excellent side effect does occur. Not only does this result in a stronger smile, but you are less likely to have worn enamel, damaged or broken teeth, and pain. All because of several months to a year of wearing invisible trays.
- Selfie power: Have you been self-conscious about posting images of yourself online or stepping into photos with family and friends? You won’t feel that way anymore once you start your treatment. In fact, your teeth will begin to shift so quickly you’ll notice a difference in your smile within a few weeks – you won’t be able to take enough photos of yourself.
Is Invisalign for Adults Right for You?
There is no right or wrong time of year to get Invisalign, but if you’re still looking for a resolution, you can’t go wrong with this option. Find out if you’re a good candidate by scheduling a consultation with Drs. Roberts & de Marsche in Center City.