Invisalign braces have made getting straight teeth easier for everyone, especially adults. In fact, according to the American Association of Orthodontics, research done from 1994 through 2010 found that just over 1 million people aged 18 and older get braces annually. Is it time for you to finally get the straight teeth you’ve always wanted by using Invisalign braces?
Reasons Adults Get Invisalign Braces
Every adult who gets Invisalign pursues this orthodontic treatment for their own reasons, but they often fit into the same four categories:
- Their braces are overdue. There are plenty of adults who said no to braces as a teen, whether they didn’t want the hassle, the restrictions, or the brace-face, or whether their family didn’t have the means to invest in orthodontia. Now it’s time and Invisalign makes it easy to get the treatment without being obvious.
- They were lazy. One of the most frustrated groups of adults are the people who had braces when they were adolescents but regret that they didn’t wear their retainers afterward to keep their newly aligned teeth in place. They may have to start from scratch, but at least they can do so discreetly with Invisalign.
- They’re ready to finally take care of themselves. People who give all they have to care for others inevitably reach a point where they’re ready to put themselves first. If they’ve always wanted straight teeth but never had the opportunity to achieve them, braces may be one of the routes to self-care that they pursue.
- Their teeth are causing problems. Food getting stuck between the same teeth. Grinding and clenching teeth. Serious TMJ problems. Too many cavities. Getting braces can correct many oral health complaints and give you a straight smile at the same time. Combine this with a teeth-whitening treatment and you have an incredible smile makeover.
Why Adults Love Invisalign Braces
Ask any adult Invisalign-wearer what they love about this type of braces and they’re likely to answer with a mix of the following:
- No one notices the nearly invisible aligners on my teeth.
- The aligners are thin and not bulky.
- It’s easy to clean and take care of the aligners.
- I can remove the aligners anytime and eat and drink whatever I want.
- I don’t have to see the dentist as often as often as I thought I would.
- I can brush and floss as usual, no special tools needed.
- Invisalign doesn’t interfere with my job or social life.
Just like conventional metal braces, Invisalign is customized to each patient. Whatever alignment problem you’re dealing with, from underbites to overbites to everything in between, Invisalign can correct nearly everything that metal braces can fix. Working with an experienced and certified Center City Invisalign provider ensures that your course of treatment is carefully designed and rigorously followed for the very best results.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Strong, healthy, straight smiles create happy, confident individuals. Adults are never too old to reinvent themselves, even if that means simply improving their smile. Find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign braces. Make an appointment with Dr. Roberts or Dr. de Marsche at our Center City, Philadelphia or Lawrenceville, NJ, office. We are certified Invisalign providers and have successfully managed thousands of Invisalign cases.